San Diego, CA (June 14, 2013) – Towards the conclusion of the U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame Induction Dinner on Saturday, June 8, 2013, it was announced that an anonymous donor had made a pledge to match dollar for dollar donations to up to $50,000. What that means is that the anonymous donor will match on a dollar for dollar basis up to $50,000 of donations to the USRF.
It also means that if you have been meaning to make a donation to the USRF then now is the time. As a reminder, below is a list of just some of the accomplishments of the USRF.
- Created the virtual U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame in 2010 to honor those who have made contributions to the sport in the United States. Visit the U.S. Rugby Hall of Fame at www.usrugbyhalloffame.org.
- Has provided over 12,000 balls to over 1,100 youth and high school teams, schools or community programs.
- In 2012, provided 4,000 balls to youth rugby players to have as their own through our A Ball 4 All program.
- Awarded 41 $1,000 Kevin Higgins College Scholarships since program’s creation in 2008. Will pass the 50 mark with this year’s scholarships.
- Issued Development or High Performance Grants to 14 promising high school and collegiate players to the International Rugby Academy of New Zealand. Seven of those recipients have gone on to play for the U.S. 7s or 15s teams, including Scott LaValla and Shawn Pittman, who played against Ireland this past Saturday.
- Raised over $25,000 for the U.S. Men’s Collegiate All-American team for their tours to South Africa, New Zealand and Canada.
- Provided $2,500 for the creation of a fundraising video for the U.S. Women’s National Team prior to their 2010 Rugby World Cup bid.
- Helped raise over $20,000 for the rugby community affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Provided the $25,000 in funding for the Online High School Injury Study.
If you want your donation to count as double, please submit your check to the USRF now. Please make checks payable to USRF and send to:
2131 Pan American Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
Should you have questions or want to learn more about the United States Rugby Foundation, please contact Executive Director Brian Vizard at email@example.com or at 619-233-0765, or visit us at our website at www.usrugbyfoundation.com.
Thank you for your consideration.